Everyone at some point in their life has had an experience with an elevator at least once. Elevators are one of those machines that we just could not live without. Especially for those who may not be able to use the stairs or steps so well and buildings with many floors. They are an essential part of our everyday lives. Here are some helpful tips when using an elevator that the everyday person may not always be aware of. This is great information to pass along to residents, tenants or visitors using your elevators so accidents can be avoided.
- Watch your step – the elevator car may not be perfectly level with the floor.
- Stand clear of the doors – keep clothes and carry-ons away from the opening.
- Hold children and pets firmly.
- Passengers nearest to the doors should move first when the car arrives.
- Push and hold the DOOR OPEN button if doors need to be held open, or ask someone to push the button for you.
- Never try to stop a closing door, wait for the next car.
- Pay attention to the floor indications.
- If the doors do not open when the elevator stops, push the DOOR OPEN button.
- Hold onto your belongings when entering or exiting the elevator so personal items do not fall down the elevator shaft
Accidents happen but being one step ahead of them can make everyone’s lives easier. Elevator safety is number one when having one in your building, so making sure people understand how to follow the rules is very important.
If you run into any problems with your elevator this summer and need a reliable repair team to fix the problem, call Pincus Elevator Company at 610-738-4350 or contact Tom Gibson, Sales Representative or Tony Belluscio, Vice President and General Manager at TGibson@PincusElevator.com or TBelluscio@PincusElevator.com to discuss upgrades in your elevator to ensure safety for your tenants or customers. Work with us to create the most convenient and safe experience for your visitors!